Home Ventilation In Four Ways
You’re living in a home that has no form of ventilation except opening windows and doors whenever the need arises. So you may be wondering as to why there is a need to install a ventilation system.
Reasons To Ventilate Your House
1. Reduce condensation buildup. Once the air in your house becomes too humid and dense, it can no longer hold in moisture. This is when condensation begins to form, leading to problems such as mold and mildew.
2. Allergens will be properly filtered out. Opening a window or door does not always ensure that the allergens in your home will get out. Without proper ventilation, it is easy for allergens such as pollen to increase in number and become trapped in your home. A proper home ventilation system will ensure that allergens do not get the chance to fester and grow, thus making the air clearer and cleaner for those suffering from allergies.
3. Poor ventilation can lead to musty, damp conditions which lead to respiratory conditions for those suffering from asthma. Also, proper ventilation can aid in reducing mites which cause a number of issues such as itching, breathing problems and skin conditions.
Ways In Which You Can Ventilate Your Home
1. Natural ventilation. This type of ventilation involves modifying particular features of the house that help in bringing in fresh air. An example of this is a solar chimney which allows for air to be heated by the sun, allowing it to rise up through the chimney. As a result, the pressure within the house is lowered, allowing fresh air to be drawn in.
2. Supply-only ventilation. This form of ventilation involves supplying fresh air into the house through fans placed in strategic areas. This system allows for fresh air to … Read the rest